Here is a great opportunity to join a leading plastics manufacturer who is hiring an injection molding technician.
The Mold Utility Technician is responsible for setting molds and starting presses within established process guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to process and operate Injection Molding Machines, preferably Toshiba and Cincinnati Milacron Machines.
- Monitor, maintain and recommend improvements to standard molding cycle times and part quality
- Identify and implement productivity improvements that include cycle time reductions and resin alternatives,
- Launch new molds and obtain first piece approval to engineering standards. Develop and implement operating instructions working closely with QA. Train team members to effectively use the procedures in day-to-day roles.
- Develop and implement well-managed process for mold changes to optimize uptime and ensure performance objectives are achieved. Continuously explore opportunities to reduce changeover times.
- Train and mentor mold setter apprentices in safety, proper mold setting techniques, and process optimization.
- Set molds as required by schedule and process to conform to quality standard
- Perform insert changes and PM tasks as required working closely with production.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Intermittent standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort.
- Good eye/hand coordination.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and the ability to apply it in a work situation
- ID key characteristics of types of resin and their performance under various process parameters
- Processing experience with both open and closed loop systems
- Basic understanding of mold construction including types of material and mechanical function
- Machining experience is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in injection molding and mold pm/repair
- Experience in setting up and launching 1st piece production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Industrial Vocational Training on Injection Molding or equivalent.