Here is a great opportunity to join leading manufacturer in the plastics industry who is adding a mold tooling technician to their team.
The Mold Tooling Technician fabricates, maintains, repairs, and provides preventive maintenance on injection mold tooling and other support equipment with minimal supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and healthy work practice by observing safely procedures and practices.
- Maintain all support equipment, injection mold tooling through preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Fabricate details using blueprints, sketches, and oral instructions.
- Effectively read detailed blueprints and fabricate parts to specified tolerances using a variety of materials and processes.
- Responsible for documenting all changes made to tools.
- Properly troubleshoot tooling defects and eliminate all possible causes for production downtime
- Execute engineering changes and improvements in the tools.
- Follow the work order system, including capture and print work orders in the Work Order system, perform the following instructions order filling and posting progress specifying the order in the injection molds daily.
- Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
- Must have own basic set of precision/hand tools.
- Reporting on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement to management.
- Ensuring the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization and in particular, your area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented.
- Ensuring that the processes are delivering their intended outputs.
- Support all EHS activities and strictly adhere to all work instructions and safety procedures.
- Immediately report any unsafe or unhealthy working condition to your supervisor/leadership.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 years’ experience working in a (manufacturing) tool shop holding close tolerances
- Must be able to read and interpret mold prints
- Must be proficient using all measuring devices required to work in tool shop
- Experience in working in a fast paced, high volume environment
Preferred Qualifications Skills:
- DOL Journeyman, preferred
- Technical background in injection molding and/or plastic manufacturing.