We have a client in the greater Tampa area in need of a Set-up/Machine Operator.
- High school graduate or equivalent and or completion of vocational training
- 3 year experience in mold/die setting, preferably in plastic injection, medical environment
- Familiar with common safety and personal protective equipment as well as OSHA safety rules
- Communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external customers
- Work effectively as part of a team to achieve established outcomes
- Pay close attention to detail in all aspects of the job
- Make decisions using available resources and sound judgement, relying on self before others
- Ability to troubleshoot by determining causes of operating errors and equipment needed
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems
- Generate or adapt equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Operate overhead crane and be forklift/forklift certified
Click here to apply online
- Perform start-up and shut-down on plastic injection molding machines and related equipment; this includes cleaning and maintenance.
- Must verify correct set-up of molds, processes and auxiliary equipment before the machine starts. Troubleshoot issues to correct.
- Install, connect and verify knock-out bars, limit switches, hydraulic lines, water lines and temperature control units.
- Change robot end of arm tooling (EOAT) and enter programming for robots.
- Write preventative maintenance (PM) and Tool Room Work Orders.
- Perform daily PM at start up and shut down.
- Perform troubleshooting and basic mechanical repairs resulting from process monitoring and part inspections to insure part conformity and quality.
- Help to attain scheduling targets and communicate possible issues and deviations timely and appropriately.
- Monitor and attempt to reduce scrap.
- Integrate mold system with company’s continuous improvement activities including idea submissions, safety observations, 5S, adherence to standard work and data tracking