Our client's operations include waste coal reclamation, power generation, metallurgical coal and limestone mining, bulk material logistics, and brokerage/trading. Their focus is creating value for customers through reliable, innovative, and effective solutions to their problems. They look to develop strong relationships with their customers, ensuring that they have a dependable partner that will help to achieve their goals. They are seeking an experienced Mining Engineer.
• Reserve development: Assist with drilling and evaluating new reserve options and update existing reserve base
• Mineability, Quality, Economics, Job development scheduling, Equipment, Manpower, Geology, Geography, Markets, Logistics, Management, Economics
• Production operations: Become familiar with existing operations to assist with continued development and coal extraction
• Coal purchasing: assist with recommendations for ongoing coal purchasing to supplement captive mine output
• Track job specific environmental issues such as water quality, DEP and OSM inspection reports, and follow up with regulatory or permit deadlines
• Provide engineering support for special projects:
- Monitor and track blasting on a job-by-job basis to recommend positive changes in vendor and in-house performance (drilling and blasting)
- Monitor coal quality and assist with production – sales planning
- Cleaning plant – become familiar with plant operations, capabilities, and optionality.
- Road bonding and repairs – track road bonding and bonded road conditions and develop competitive bid packages for repairs
- Bonding – track job progression and the need for additional bonding or bond reductions
- Lime addition – track lime addition on a job-by-job basis.
- Water pumping – monitor water pumping (equipment, capacity, and discharge water quality).
- Third party audits – provide support for third party audits (bank financing, sales and use tax audits, etc.)
- ISO qualification
• Mining Engineering graduate
• 3+ years’ experience, preferably in surface mining (contour strip and area mining)
• Hands on individual
• Team player
• Good communication skills, verbal and written
• Gets along well with others, co-workers, subordinates, management, etc.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org