Our client, a leading global supplier of high-calcium lime products and technical solutions, with over a century in business, has an immediate opportunity for Mine Manager.
The Mine Manager will be responsible for all activities in their area of operation. Plans and manages oversight of all functions related to operations including safety, regulatory, environmental, cost and efficiency, reliability and capital expenditures.
- Responsible for all activities in their area of operation including, but not limited to, safety, production, maintenance, engineering, labor relations, environmental, Operational Excellence, and personnel development.
- Develops annual operating budgets to include labor, maintenance, energy, materials, materials supply, fixed costs, and annual capital commitments.
- Oversee that production demands are met; product quality is maintained and production costs meet standard.
- Recommends and implements improvements that impact all aspect of the operating area.
- Ensures all unit personnel are trained to standard work procedures and adhere to established company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains environmental compliance of all plant processes.
- Develop employees to be prepared for expanded roles within the company.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- BS/BA degree in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geology or related field, advanced education preferred or related work experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in mine production or mineral processing and minimum eight years strong supervisory experience in heavy manufacturing.
- Must have sufficient experience and training and possess full knowledge of the requirements for operation of the plant: safety standards, environmental laws, techniques of continuous improvement, people development, and knowledge of process equipment and machinery.
- Supervision skills, including developing, mentoring, and when necessary, disciplining hourly employees.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities. Must have the ability to manage employees in an effective, people-oriented manner.
- Excellent communication skills are required, and the ability to work well with all levels within the organization.