The Mining Manager plans and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in extracting minerals such as limestone and raw materials, from the quarry by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
Education Minimum of Four-year university degree: Bachelor's degree in mining engineering, geology, or related field, from a recognized University;Experience - Plus five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge (technical/practical/managerial)-
- Reviews data such as maps, survey reports, and geological records, and confers with engineering, maintenance, and supervisory personnel to plan and direct mine development to ensure the quarry is reaching maximum efficiency.
- Studies land contours and rock formations, and specifies locations for use of equipment for cutting, drilling, blasting and loading minerals.
- Ensures sufficient raw material is produced at appropriate quality for plant needs.
- Reads mining laws and safety regulations, and issues directives to workers to ensure adherence to applicable rules and regulations. Responsible for ATF license.
- Reviews and consolidates records such as ore grade, air quality, safety reports, and production records.
- Tours and inspects quarry to detect and resolve production, equipment maintenance, safety, atmospheric, and personnel problems.
- Oversees the Quarry Maintenance department which is responsible for all plant rolling stock.
- Enhances Company's public relations by ensuring community environmental stewardship.
- Communicates with blasting company to ensure optimization.
- Organizes various contracts for such tasks as overburden, watering of plant roads (dust control), etc.
- Negotiates with workers, union personnel, and other parties to settle grievances. Knowledgeable in the Union Collective Bargaining Agreement. Participate in Union/Mgmt meetings.
- Be committed to reducing the consumption of energy to the maximum extent without affecting productivity while providing the following the benefits: increase the profitability of the Company, conservation of energy, and minimizing the emission of greenhouse gases.
- Is a member of the Energy Management Conservation Committee (E=MC2) which is responsible to develop and structure a program to achieve Excellency in reduction of reduction of energy usage, such as fossil fuels and electric energy, and reduce the amount of Can$/unit of energy.
- Manager Responsibilities: Manages two subordinate supervisors who supervise all employees in the Quarry/Mining Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out manager responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of mining, cement manufacturing and blasting training/experience
- Cement Manufacturing processes such as mining, milling, kiln operation, process control, and predictive maintenance are desirable
- Health, Safety & Environmental legislative/regulatory requirements
- Audit compliance SOX; ISO
Cement & Lime