The Mine Engineer will provide technical support to ensure mine production requirements are met, in the short and long term, efficiently and safely, and within MSHA requirements. Assist the Manager of Mining in meeting mine production, planning quality, budgetary, and safety objectives.
The Mine Engineer reports to the Mine Manager.
- Responsible for short term and long term mine planning.
- Oversee mine survey activities and update mine maps monthly.
- Responsible for mine control and monthly AutoCAD mapping.
- Responsible for mine ventilation planning, measurement, and control.
- Responsible for maintaining MSHA required ventilation and evacuation plans and maps.
- Responsible for mine geomechanics monitoring.
- Support operations in ground control optimization.
- Support operations to optimize mine production and maintenance practices.
- Support and/or participate in the mine improvement groups, committees, mine rescue program, etc.
- Requires a BS in Mining Engineering, or another engineering field with significant underground mining experience.
- Significant underground mining experience, particularly in shaft mines, with a history of both engineering and supervisory/management experience.