Work with one of the longest-standing major players in the grain movement sector ensuring their key facility on the west coast of Vancouver operates well. Your team will provide preventative and ongoing maintenance and upgrades to a coastal facility shipping food around the world. Our client, with a network of grain elevators across Canada, requires Red-Seal Millwright Ticketed professionals to maintain this major grain export facility.
- Complete regular preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot, fabricate, repair and install mechanical equipment/parts
- Operate in accordance with health, safety, and fire prevention regulations and practices
- Provide assistance to other Maintenance team members
- Responds to after-hours emergency calls on a rotational basis
- Strong work ethic with focus on working safety while completing all tasks
- Millwright ticket with Red Seal (Journeyman Millwright Certificate or Inter-provincial certification under the Red Seal Program). Any other mechanical trades, including fabricator, would be considered an asset
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn in-house system
- Capable of lifting and stacking 50 lbs without assistance
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in conditions such as confined spaces, heights, dust and temperature extremes
- Ability to work shift work, scheduled shutdowns and respond to Emergency Call-Ins Asset
- Experience as a Millwright in a heavy industrial environment
- Ability to read and work from blueprints
- Sheet metal mechanical skills or an interest to learn aspects of sheet metal mechanic duties
Apply today to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database..
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists - Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996!
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online