Our client requires Red-Seal Millwright Ticketed professionals to maintain their major grain export facility on the west coast of Vancouver. Working in one of the longest-standing major players in the grain movement sector within a network of grain elevators across Canada, you’ll work on a team to provide preventative and ongoing maintenance and upgrades to a key coastal facility shipping food around the world.
- Complete regular preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot, fabricate, repair and install mechanical equipment/parts
- Participate in training related to this position including sheet metal modules
- Operate in accordance with health, safety, and fire prevention regulations and practices
- Provide assistance to other Maintenance team members
- Responds to after-hours emergency calls on a rotational basis
- Strong work ethic with focus on working safety while completing all tasks
- Millwright ticket with Red Seal (Journeyman Millwright Certificate or Inter-provincial certification under the Red Seal Program)
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn in-house system
- Capable of lifting and stacking 50 lbs without assistance
- Demonstrate organizational skills and personal initiative
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and a proven safety record
- Ability to work in conditions such as confined spaces, heights, dust and temperature extremes
- Ability to work shift work, scheduled shutdowns and respond to Emergency Call-Ins Asset
- Experience as a Millwright in a heavy industrial environment
- Ability to read and work from blue prints
- Sheet metal mechanical skills or an interest to learn aspects of sheet metal mechanic duties
- Any other mechanical trades, including fabricator, would be considered an asset
Apply today to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As we are not licensed to assist with immigration, anyone with a Canadian Social Insurance Number is invited to apply for this job. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists - Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996!
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online