Hire Military Talent Job Description
Locations: New Bedford, MA
Salary: $25hr + DOE
Millwright Job description
- We are looking for an experienced Millwright/Pipe Fitter with enthusiasm and interest in machines to join our team.
- You will find yourself working in various settings for different industrial projects. Daily you will assemble, disassemble, maintain, upgrade, and install industrial machines.
- Ultimately, you will ensure that all machines operate correctly and that our facilities remain safe.
- Use various hand tools, measuring tools, and equipment for cutting and welding.
- To complete projects, use various rigging equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, jacks, and scissor lifts.
- Use your Judgement/experience to decide which machine techniques and tools are the best option for moving equipment and completing all necessary jobs.
- Assist industrial machinery mechanics as needed.
- Troubleshoot equipment to figure out problems and find a solution.
- Assembling and installing machines, then testing them to ensure they work correctly.
- Managing the layout and placement of equipment and machinery.
- Working knowledge of industrial/commercial plumbing systems.
- Working knowledge of machine and process piping.
- Interpret and evaluate blueprints and technical drawings.
- Perform pipefitting and install and maintain water, steam, hydraulic, and gas piping systems.
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Experience using various welding equipment and procedures (MIG, TIG, MMA, etc.)
- Ability to weld steel, stainless, and Aluminum.
- Work independently on all facets of the Machine Millwright responsibilities.
- Design and build custom machine components.
- Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing industrial equipment.
- Independently troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild all types of mechanical assemblies.
- These assemblies may be manual or automatic and include electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, or steam systems.
- Perform fabrication, piping, and machining.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Skills
Click here to apply online
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Physically able to complete job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Textile experience – preferred.