Our Client is currently seeking a licensed Maintenance Technician / Millwright for our straight midnight shift to support production in electrical and robotic maintenance.
What We Offer
- Extended health care benefits (drug plan, dental, vision, safety shoe allowance and much more!)
- Competitive increases
- Quarterly company profit share
- Hourly shift premiums
- Flexible opportunity for overtime
- Full time hours
- Team atmosphere and career development
- Non-Union work Environment
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Please inform us if you require accommodation in the hiring process.
Mechanic/Millwright installs, maintains, troubleshoots, overhauls and repairs stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. This unit group includes industrial textile machinery and peripherals. Also, detects and troubleshoots irregularities and malfunctions, repairs or replace defective machinery parts, fabricates parts required during overhaul. Perform preventive maintenance work on machinery as well as on site infrastructure (Manufacturing facility – Building).
Duties and Responsibilities
Click here to apply online
- Follow instructions given by the Department Manager, Supervisor, Lead Hand and/or Coordinator.
- Comply and follow all job-related company policies and safety procedures.
- Comply with all pertinent provincial health & Safety regulations.
- Read Mechanical\Electrical\Hydraulic\Pneumatic blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, motors, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools (including basic electrical, plumbing and pipe fitting).
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions. Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including basic electrical, electronic, PLC, plumbing and pipe fitting.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Overview, if needed, the work quality of a non-licensed mechanic. Other industrial maintenance duties as may be required.