Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Maintenance Mechanic / Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic / Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining in good working order all plant machines and mechanical equipment, as well as installing new equipment when required. The Maintenance Mechanic must hold and maintain a Millwright Red Seal Provincial certification or equivalent designation by a recognized trades organization.
- Industrial Mechanics (Millwright) Red Seal Certified Interprovincial Standard Certificate is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with trouble shooting, repairing, leveling and aligning large numerically controlled machines.
- Knowledge of and experience with hydraulic systems, CNC machines, vacuum furnaces, lathes, presses and shears.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work safely at all times.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.