Millwright - Veteran Wanted - The Villages, FL
We are currently seeking a motivated veteran with millwright experience to join our team as a Millwright. As a Millwright, you will play a crucial role in the installation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of machinery and equipment within our facility. Your expertise and dedication will contribute to ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our plant.
- Install, dismantle, and move machinery and equipment using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Align and level equipment, ensuring proper positioning and operation.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on machinery and equipment to identify and address any issues or potential problems.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs, including replacing or repairing defective parts.
- Utilize blueprints, technical manuals, and diagrams to assemble, disassemble, and troubleshoot machinery.
- Perform precision measurements and adjustments to ensure accurate alignment and proper functioning of machinery.
- Lubricate machinery and equipment, as well as perform preventative maintenance tasks to maximize their lifespan.
- Collaborate with other maintenance team members and departments to coordinate maintenance activities and minimize downtime.
- Adhere to safety protocols and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
- Keep accurate records of maintenance activities, including work performed and parts used.
- Provide guidance and training to junior millwrights or apprentices, as required.
- Stay updated on industry trends, advancements, and best practices in millwright techniques and technology.
- Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply, bringing their valuable skills and dedication to the role.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of a millwright apprenticeship program or relevant trade certification is preferred.
- Proven experience as a millwright, including installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical principles.
- Proficiency in using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical manuals, and diagrams.
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication techniques is an asset.
- Familiarity with maintenance management software is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose mechanical issues accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with precision.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Physical stamina and ability to perform tasks that include lifting, carrying, climbing, and working in confined spaces.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- Supportive work environment.
- Veterans are preferred.
If you are a motivated veteran with millwright experience, seeking a challenging opportunity in FL, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and utilize your valuable military experience to contribute to the success of our operations. Apply now and start a new chapter in your career as a Millwright.
Click here to apply online