- Responsible for daily production within the Raw and Finish Grind Department.
- Plans and coordinates all facets of Raw and Finish Mill day-to-day production/operations.
- Responsible for Shale Unloading/Material Handlers operations
- Reviews and schedules manpower for process and recommends maintenance/yard support manpower requirements.
- Responsible for process on-line equipment failure analysis and ensures timely call-out of maintenance personnel.
- Ensures cement production requirements are met or exceeded in compliance with environmental and MSHA rules and regulations.
- Initiates and follows through on equipment improvements.
- Works closely with all supporting Departments to ensure maximum production in meeting of quality specifications.
- Assesses training needs of bargaining unit personnel; recommends appropriate training.
- Ensures employees follow safe work practices and procedures.
- Ensure cost reduction efforts are met consistent with the Strategic Plan.
- Participates in the Plant on call schedule.
- Proactively managing health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in cement manufacturing or related industry.
- Ability to make timely, critical decisions, often under conditions of uncertainty and stress.
- Conveys information clearly and effectively through formal and informal communication.
- Ability to detect mechanical and electrical problems throughout the Mill department.
- Detailed knowledge about process equipment interlocking.
- Understanding of chemistry of raw mix, clinker and cement.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understand SAP maintenance and inventory software systems.
- Proficient with window-based PC software programs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Must complete all assigned work in compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements (I.e., MSHA, OSHA, DOT, DOL, etc.), including safety programs administered at a State or Local level where allowed by the Department of Labor. Must maintain awareness of surroundings at all times and perform their work in a safe and productive manner. In the event of a workplace incident, immediate notification to a supervisor and/or manager is required.
Cement & Lime