Our client in the friendly city of Port Elizabeth requires a mid-level PHP / Laravel developer to join their digital team. The successful candidate would be responsible for further development on existing ecommerce platforms, maintenance and new websites / applications.Requirements:
- Good knowledge of MySQL and database design
- Demonstrable experience with PHP including OOP, security, refactoring & design patterns
- Knowledge of Laravel framework and experience building factories / facades / libraries using abstract classes, interfaces, traits
- Working within a team to execute development tasks on existing ecommerce and sales platforms
- Write clean, secure, test driven, easily maintainable and modular code
- Database designing and maintenance
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Ongoing maintenance, updates and support
- Maintaining API integrations
- Code refactoring where necessary
- Reviewing code and providing valuable improvements
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201882 subject heading or email body.
- Experience in RESTful API design and development
- Experience with CSS frameworks (Bootstrap / Primer)
- Working knowledge of version controlling systems (Git)
- Experience with ecommerce based applications
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .