Title: Micro-Assembly Technician
City: Santa Clara
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2129304973
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Opto-Mechanical Assembly Technician to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 Electronics company in Santa Clara, CA.
This is contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Manufacture complex optical assemblies in a cleanroom environment. This will involve optical alignment, attachment, metrology, and testing on individual optical components, sub-assemblies, and complete optical assemblies.
- Alignment of laser systems using concepts of auto-reflection and interferometry.
- Use of computer-automated test systems.
- Use of hand tools and mechanical fixturing for mechanical assembly.
- Cleaning of optical components and assemblies using solvents.
- Product packaging and transfer to shipping/receiving.
- 5+ years of experience in a mechanical assembly role for opto-electronic products.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Computer skills for basic MS Office Software, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift/move 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities are required by the job, to include close, distant, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Experience with Class I and II lasers is desired. Knowledgeable of laser safety and standards.
- Understanding of polarizing optics and beam-splitters is desired.
- Understanding of basic use of oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of CAD tools to view product.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.