This position is responsible for managing all transportation procurement activities moving across North America to or from our client distribution and third party facility sites (30+).
· Procurement: development, planning and execution of analytical and transparent bid processes, negotiations, recommendations, and a logical selection process to support cost controls, required service levels and forecasted company growth.
· Administration and Risk Avoidance: contract management, security compliance, inventory control, risk management, internal controls and business continuity. Responsible for collaborative budget planning to develop and implement an executable and cost-effective budget based on capacity and service goals outlined by the company.
· Strategy: develop short- and long-term capacity and cost control strategies and analysis to meet service levels and corporate growth plans, and business continuity needs.
· Vendor Relations: responsible to foster professional and ethical business relationships driven by fair, logical and objective activities for all providers and transportation vendors
· Control: responsible to develop, implement and execute internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure integrity and transparency associated with all domestic transportation modes and activities.