Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opportunity for a Methods Engineer. The successful incumbent will provide Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering support to shop floor personnel during development builds and production ramp. They will play a key role in resolving manufacturing, field failure and quality issues.
- Create and maintain Manufacturing plans, part masters, etc.
- Provide Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering support to shop floor personnel during development builds and production ramp.
- Resolve manufacturing, field failure issues, and quality issues. Identify, initiate, and drive process improvements that reduce process cycle times and cost, while maintaining quality.
- Conduct Root cause and failure analysis utilizing systematic approach (Lean / Six Sigma tools preferred).
- Create rework instruction for discrepant items based on customer dispositions and internal rejections.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of CAD is a must. Reading and creation of blueprint knowledge and experience is a must. CATIA knowledge is a strong plus.
- Understanding of various manufacturing processes including but not limited to NDT testing, protective coatings, heat treat, etc.
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks and work within specified time lines.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)