Meter Reader - Contract Opportunities available in Monroe Michigan, Green Bay & Milwaukee, WI
Must have outdoors experience and a technical background
Must have a valid driver's license
Required to wear safety glasses and steel toe boots (ASTM F2412-13) while performing job duties
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This temporary position will be responsible for reading meter routes.
* Good customer interaction skills are needed.
* Record customer natural gas usage. Obtain assigned route and handheld Itron unit. Accurately read and record meter readings for all types of meters. Report irregularities in meter reading or in gas consumption. Inform supervisor of any discrepancies. Report suspected cases of diversion. Report meter installation not conforming to company rules. Report meters not listed in handheld. Report gas leaks on service lines, broken meters and service seals. Change meter indexes and index covers as required. Provide customer service. Relay customer requests to appropriate personnel. Handle minor customer complaints.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Able to work in all weather conditions.
* Meter readers often come into contact with dogs as well. Please make sure candidate is comfortable with this.
* This position will require an extreme amount of walking.
Upholds safety standards, personally and organizationally; corrects unsafe conditions. Focuses on a goal and harnesses own and others' energy to drive toward goal alignment; meets or exceeds expectations.