endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
- Continuous control and improvement of existing products and processes. Design, control, and documentation of heat treating processes in both plants.
- Daily microstructure checks, material certifications, process check sheets, quality check instructions.
- Scheduling calibrations of equipment, retaining quotes for furnace repairs, budget items to update heat treat process.
- Verifying heat treat outsourcing certifications, minimize down time of heat treat equipment, keep inventory of required repair parts, making and keeping burn-out schedule, daily process checks.
- Provides metallurgical and heat treat engineering expertise for new product/process development including the ability to work effectively with customers and vendors in these development efforts.
- Oversee training of all heat treat personnel, provide emergency shutdown training for maintenance, and supervisory personnel.
- Order lab supplies as needed, schedule and participate in temperature surveys, oversee PM schedule for heat treat equipment, update CQI-9 survey as needed, participate in TS-16949 and customer audits, keeping records to satisfy the CQI-9 standard, review customer standards and apply where appropriate, provide PPAP data when needed.
- Ability to work off hours to include weekends as needed, work with all departments of manufacturing.
- Help conduct heat treat audits at suppliers (some overnight travel), develop and maintain contingency plans.
- Create a safe working environment for all employees.
- Must be able to fulfill any and all customer requirements associated with the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BS in Engineering in Metallurgy, Materials Engineering, or a minimum of 10 years experience in ferrous metallurgy particularly with respect to quench hardening, tempering, residual stress analysis, ferrous metallurgy laboratory work, heat treating process control, component failure analysis.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.