Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Metallurgist to join our client's growing team.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Matt Beggin at firstname.lastname@example.org Responsibilities of the Metallurgist include providing process and product development, leading quality improvement, leading training, conducting data analysis for problem solving, working closely with operation and maintenance teams, and review mill routing for orders and disposition coils based on customer requirements.
- Bachelor's in Metallurgy, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and analytical skills
- A strong commitment to safety in all job aspects
- Desire to be "hands-on" on the floor handling process metallurgical duties
- Previous internships or co-ops in steel industry
- Experience/projects at the university related to steel