email resumes to email@example.com
This position is responsible for providing professional quality
engineering service and technical support involving technical
quality, in-process quality, and customer service. Supports NAS
total quality program to improve cost, productivity, yields and
The QC Engineer be involved in all or a portion of the Responsibility
list. The positions available are Internal Quality Control Engineer and
External Quality Control Engineer.
Internal Engineer: Will focus on internal quality, process and
metallurgical control, process & new equipment development.
External Engineer: Will focus on external/customer quality, process
Control and metallurgical development for end use applications,
new product development.
1. Develops NAS Product Standard Manual including product
specifications, tolerances, mechanical properties, etc. for
distribution to all customers in order to promote a better
understanding of NAS products and product identification.
2. Communicates customer requirements to all affected NAS
employees in order to maximize understanding of customers'
needs and increases customer service through fewer errors,
claims or complaints.
3. Develops, defines and implements standardized routing
practices for inclusion in AS400 and Lev II computers to insure
consistent and repetitive process routing for maximum quality
4. Studies and researches customer product needs to insure
the proper application of NAS products to meet the specific
customer end use requirements and maximize customer relation-
5. Develops, researches and defines annealing conditions to
maximize AP lines' capacity, quality and cost savings.
6. Operates within NAS standards and quality practices; ASTM
testing standards; ASTM, ASME, AMS minimum mechanical
properties and dimensional tolerances; and customer product
7. Format Data Entry
Format requests from inside sales to be reviewed and responded
to the issuing person the same day. (Received am/respond pm,
or received pm/respond am).
8. Material disposition at finishing lines(quality solution).
This can be considered the last step at NAS involved in
Quality Control's participation in order follow-up, to be
completed within 24 hours of last process date. Special
process verification of CAP processed material.
9. Order Follow Up
Critical orders(defined by nature of applications, Sales or
Past performance) to be followed up by Quality Control. This
includes identifying critical needs of the order,
communcating these critical needs to the proper section within
the organization, monitoring and controlling the critical
needs during the critical stages of production and assisting
Material Control in ensuring on-time delivery of product.
10. Customer Claims and Complaints
Customer claims or complaints received from customer, field or
inside sales to be reviewed, analyzed and dispositioned within
72 hours. In case of situations requiring customer visits,
these dispositions to be done within 2 to 3 weeks of the
initial claim notification. This also involves follow up and
dispositioning of returning material.
11. Customer visits(visits to customer locations/customer visits
to NAS). Visits to be included are initial visits for
establishing customer specification requirements, follow up
visits for NAS' product evaluation and visits for evaluating
claims and complaints.
12. Customer Support
This support activity mainly involves technical support
offered to the customer involving new products or product
sold by NAS to the customer. 13. Melt Shop/Hot Mill/Cold Mill/Long Products internal quality review & analysis.
14. This section of QC is responsible for reporting productivity
status and managing special in-house projects.
15. Internal Quality- Analyzes quality by line, crew, data
collection. Assists in determining appropriate corrective
16. Production & Productivity Analysis- Analyzes production and
productivity by-line, data collection and analysis, during
down time and slow downs.
17. Yield- analyzes yields by line, crew and recommends improvements for production lines.
1. Minimum of B.S. Metallurgical/Material Science Engineering.