Our Fortune 300, $13B client is a leader in their retail business segment with sales and profit increases year after year and record-breaking earnings for 2020. Forbes also recognized them as being one of America's Best Employers.
Driving Merchandise Planning for 8-10 product categories or about 20% of the company's sales volume, you will be the highly influential, centralized point of information and the single source of truth for Category Managers, Merchandise Directors, and Merchandise VPs. You will enable them to plan next steps by leading weekly and monthly meetings, developing pre-season plans at the category and sub-category levels by period, and providing them with in-season business information and forecasts for sales, gross margin, vendor funding, and inventory.
|In this unique, prominent position, you'll regularly partner with Category Managers and company executives as their trusted advisor while also gaining company-wide exposure to other cross-functional stakeholders, enabling you to take advantage of a plethora of advancement opportunities.
- Develop monthly pre-season plans at the category and sub-category level, working closely with Category Managers, Directors, and the VP.
- Prepare for and coordinate weekly and monthly meetings with Category Managers, Directors, and VP.
- Reconcile and update bottom-up plans as necessary, forecasting weekly in-season business for sales, gross margin, vendor funding, and inventory, analyzing plan vs. actual results, and adjusting accordingly.
- Rework plans, balancing them to mid-season/latest estimate, top-down, financial plans.
- Review plans with the Merchandise Planning Manager and Director, suggesting changes and making updates as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a similar area.
- 1-2 years experience in Merchandise Planning for a high volume, Omnichannel retailer.
- Highly organized, deadline-driven, and able to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- A clear communicator: a business-focused, straight-shooter who knows when to be firm with cross-functional partners.
- Puts Customers First
- Provides WOW! Customer service every time, everywhere.
- Understands customer needs and solves their problem.
- Shows a sense of urgency in correctly meeting customer needs.
- Team Player
- Is a reliable and supportive team member.
- Values the ideas and opinions of others.
- Gives recognition for good work.
- Builds strong relationships with others.
- Resolves conflict effectively.
- Steps in and assumes leadership roles when needed.
- Communicates Effectively
- Communicates in a clear, straightforward, respectful way.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Listens and assumes positive intent.
- Shares information in a timely manner.
- Results the Right Way
- Does what it takes to do the job right (WITTDTJR)
- Is accountable, takes ownership, and meets commitments.
- Prioritizes well, plans, and executes in a manner of high integrity and ethics.
- Makes decisions based on what is best for the company.
- Development Focused
- Asks for and embraces feedback.
- Owns professional development.
- Provides feedback and ideas to develop others.
- Embraces Change
- Understands and is open to change.
- Looks for ways to improve processes, services, and products while maintaining the company culture of thrift.
- Encourages innovative thinking.