Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations for a leader in Outdoor & Recreation lifestyle products. They are the leading global provider of fishing equipment and related products with a large portfolio comprised of 18 leading brands sold in over 50 countries. The company operates in the main global markets with a dedicated workforce of 2800 employees.
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for develop the most compelling, innovative ways to bring the brands to life at retail stores. They influence the overall look and feel of retail experiences, assist with channel merchandising projects, implement category-relevant reset activities, and support the channel’s merchandising strategy. Partnering closely with Sales Operations, the Merchandising Manager ensures the global Visual Merchandising strategy is aligned to the Brand and Retail’s priorities. Plan is to add direct report(s). Background Required:
• 5+ years of deep and ‘Hands On’ experience of merchandising (planogramming, POS signage, shopper marketing, permanent and seasonal fixture development, etc.) at major brick and mortar retailers working with sporting goods and/or outdoor lifestyle categories.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and drive creative process and print production
• Identified and vetted potential vendors for each element of a project. Coordinate RFQ process.
• Negotiated specifications, price, terms and conditions with vendors. Present recommendation.
• Provided governance to the merchandising development process.
• Created project briefs outlining scope, objectives, creative guidelines, timing, deliverables and budget.
• Managed multiple projects simultaneously and having led them successfully to completion.
• Strategic thinking with ability to frame up ideas economically.
• Quickly adapt and learn the use of technical tools and utilize them
• Hire, Coach, Mentor, direct reports and cross functional team members
• Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
• Education: Bachelor’s Marketing, Business, or Engineering
• Residence: Columbia, SC or South Charlotte (NC) area (Relocation assistance possible) Background Preferred (but not required):
• Experience working in SAP environment
• Specific merchandising experience at Walmart, Bass Pros Shops, Cabela’s, Dick’s, Academy or REI
• Shopper behavior analytics
• Engineering background in packaging & POP fixture developmentOther Essential Abilities and Skills:
• Results driven
• Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills.
• Methodical, Detail-oriented and Operationally focused.
• Creative skills.
• Effectively prioritized and administered multiple projects and tasks.
• Collaborated with cross-functional teams and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
• Operated independently given direction and bring ideas / solutions to issues raised.
• Made timely decisions balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong interest in understanding and driving consumer behavior.
• Strong communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Roz Kennon
Food, Beverage & CPG
330.666.5655Click here to apply online