Mental Health Therapist
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Join a unique school environment where you will provide ethical and quality treatment services to students and families from intake through discharge. You’ll be responsible for individual, family and group therapy, as well as crisis intervention and advocate for the most appropriate level of care for all students.
- Maintain contact with the psychiatrist, clinical supervisor, clinical director and case managers.
- Participate in the preparation, review and revision of the individual service plan and generate the treatment progress and recommendation portions of the discharge summary.
- Present service alternatives to traditional psychotherapy in accordance with best practices.
- Available for crisis intervention.
- Documents individual sessions and groups consistent with the service plan and contract requirements.
- Ensures documentation of contact is routed to the student's chart.
- Completes staffing reports and service plans.
- Completes BPS and Risk assessments, as appropriate.
- Completes documents needed for placing agencies, as assigned.
- Completes staffing reports, progress notes, and service plan updates.
- Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Participates in staff development opportunities and may facilitate, as assigned.
- Master’s degree with experience in mental health, social work, counseling or adolescent services.
- Arizona State Behavioral Health License desired; must be license eligible.
- Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and able to maintain confidentiality; ability to use standard office equipment, sit and / or stand for extended periods of time, and participate in physical restraint of students, if necessary, is also required.
- Applicant must be able to satisfy AZ State licensing requirements for hiring. You need not be licensed now.
For more information, contact Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and send resume to Rene@apnusa.com.