International Steel Manufacturer is seeking a Melting Supervisor to oversee all activities of production and maintenance for the EAF and LMF for the scheduled turn.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures that assigned crew is trained to perform their duties in compliance to all Health, Safety, and environmental policies and follows program requirements.
- Ensures that all safety policies and job safety analysis (JSA) are followed.
- Audits operations to insure that the safety policies and job safety analysis (JSA) are being followed.
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly safety contacts and meetings.
- Ensures that all safety issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Provides the communication between Management and employees to ensure important information is communicated to all employees.
- Ensures that important information from Managers and previous turns is communicated to all employees.
- Ensures that technical standards, standard operating procedures (SOP), and work instructions that ensure product quality and NPS requirements are implemented and executed.
- Oversees Maintenance personnel on the off turns.
- Is responsible for completing all turn reports and communicating key issues with other supervisors.
- Coordinates all turn activities to optimize productivity, quality and cost in a safe manner.
- Ensures that the employee issues are heard and addressed.
- Ability to continuously improve the steelmaking process.
- Adheres to and ensures compliance with all Company, Business, Ethics, and other Human Resource Polices
- Ensures that all requirements of the Basic Labor Agreement are executed and met within the department.
- Ensures that all team members are properly trained to which they are assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have experience in an Electric Arc Furnace Shop and Caster
- Three to five years management experience working in a Melt Shop with an EAF and Caster, 4 year college degree in Metallurgy or other related fields is a plus.
- Strong abilities in managing an hourly Union workforce a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that ensure Safety, Environmental, Quality and standardization efforts in a team environment.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify potential problems and implement effective countermeasures.
- Must have the capacity to and willingness to learn.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must be trustworthy in all areas of profession and personal performance and approach all aspects of your job with a positive attitude