Reporting to the Operations Manager, the foundry supervisor is a participating member of the operations leadership team. He/she will be responsible for leading a team of hourly personnel in the production of aluminum and magnesium sand castings.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Employee Attendance
- Ensure employees start and stop on time including before/after breaks
- Manage your departments vacation activities to support production goals
- Approve employee timecards
- Ensure your work area is safe for all employees
- Continuous Improvements for safety and production flow
- Maintain the 6s standards
- Enforce all company policies
- Company conduct
- POI / WI
- Manage overtime
- Overtime shall be balanced equally among all employees
- Manage and maintain department overtime goals while ensuring the productions goals are achieved
- Treat all of your employees equally and fairly with the utmost respect
- Provide feedback to employees for continuous improvement and growth
- Maintain and update your team boards on a daily basis
- Maintain production flow and requirements
- Attend the daily production meeting
- Training – Safety, POIs, Scrap, Etc.
- Employee Feedback – Concerns, broken equipment, items needed
- Develop a plan and take actions to improve your 6S score
- Maintain and update your department Skill Matrix
- Maintain and update your department Competency Matrix
- Participate and support the Quality Clinic
- Participate in the rotational supervisory weekend coverage
- Develop/mentor your employees for future growth
- Ensure your department supplies are maintained to meet production goals
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of foundry supervisory experience or 5 years foundry experience is required
- Good communication skills
- Ability to assign work and ensure completion to expectations
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Sand casting molding experience
- Ability to track department production output
Other Skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes
- Strong 6S leadership skills to drive improvement
- Proficient in EXCEL, OUTLOOK and WORD
- Experience in a Lean environment
- Able to motivate workers to meet expectations
Supervision / Direction Received:
- Receives direction from Operations Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities / Direction of Others
- Provides supervision to hourly production team.
- Physical Effort – Moderate
- Physical Environment – Open air foundry environment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.