Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for Foundry Melter – Pourer Tender. The successful incumbent will be joining a market leading foundry in Glendale, AZ that produces Magnesium and Aluminum alloy castings for the aerospace industry. The Melter – Pourer Tender will have experience in the melting production of metal castings in foundries.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Melt and pour metal into molds
- Skim slag from the metal
- Move foundry materials, including moving castings, or other materials about the foundry by hand or when appropriate, with a forklift
- Clean equipment and work area
- Read and follow routing card and process information to ensure quality
- Follow casting supervisors’ instructions on additions and workflow
- Endure extreme heat, both radiant and thermal for an entire shift
- Obey all safety rules and use designated personal protective equipment
- Must have strong focus on safety
- Great work ethic and a team player
- Quality orientated
- Skill in operating Cranes, Forklifts, Production Machinery and Furnaces
- Detail orientated and able to multi-task
- Basic melting experience a plus
- Knowledge of basic alloys a plus but not required
- Ability to work overtime as needed (some Saturdays)
- As an ITAR regulated facility, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.