Charleston, SC Area
Currently seeking a Medical Technologist for a great opportunity in the Charleston, SC area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years current experience working in acute care hospital and have 5 years experience working in a Medical Technologist.
Requirements of the Medical Technologist
- BS in Medical Technology
- Must possess an A.S. degree in medical technology or related field.
- Registered through a nationally recognized certifying agency, ASCP preferred, within 6 months of hire.
- 2 years current experience working in acute care hospital
- 2 years experience working in a Medical Technologist
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Responsibilities of the Medical Technologist
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of complex technical tasks in the performance of laboratory testing at all levels of complexity as defined by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 1988.
- They are accountable for accurate results and the proper use of quality control materials.
- They must recognize the interdependence of tests and the conditions that affect test results.
- May be assigned to perform special procedures according to the discretion of the Laboratory Director