MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST / MT / MLT (ASCP)
McCall and Lee has been engaged by a community based hospital to recruit a Full-Time Medical Technologist /MT / MLT (ASCP) , to join their team.
We are seeking a well skilled, highly productive team player to work with their program.
Medical Technologist Description:
A Medical Technologist performs laboratory analysis of patient specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease for all patient populations to include geriatrics, adults, children, infants, and neonates, in accordance with established Federal, State, and regulatory specifications, as well as District and Department policies and procedures. A Medical Laboratory Technician performs assigned tasks within a designated discipline, to include one or more of the following: General Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology/Serology, Microbiology, Special Chemistry, Toxicology, Transfusion Services and Urinalysis.
Typical Duties of the Medical Technologist:
- Analyze patient samples and evaluate the reliability of test results according to
age, gender and specimen acceptability criteria prior to releasing information for
use in patient care and treatment.
- Complies with all Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements related to
health care delivery.
- Determine the acceptability of and prepare patient samples for analysis.
- Participate in assigned proficiency surveys, performance improvement activities
and mandatory continuing education programs.
- Participate in training and orientation of new employee and students, including
- Perform and document routine maintenance and minor instrument repairs.
- Perform calibration procedures, and analyze and verify the acceptability of
Quality Control values prior to analyzing patient samples.
- Perform Laboratory and Hospital Information Systems (LIS and HIS)
computer functions involved in preanalytic, analytic and postanalytic processes.
- Perform other duties, e.g., special collection procedures, development
of procedures, inventory, and records keeping, as assigned.
Medical Technologist Qualifications:
Must have documented evidence of at least a Degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university; or successful completion of a 50-week military training program for medical laboratory specialists. Courses in computer science or experience with Hospital and Laboratory information systems are desirable. Documented evidence of registration as a Medical Laboratory Specialist (CLS). Need an ASCP.
This position offers competitive wages and a generous benefit package.
**If interested and want to know more information about this amazing opportunity...
JP Urquidez, Recruiter
Executive Search & Consulting
McCall & Lee, LLC
Tel 512 444 6400 x51 Direct Line 254 651 3500
Mobile 910 494 3997