Director of Medical Services
25% Travel Required
The Director Medical Services is responsible for directing and ensuring the quality of medical services, treatment and/or interventions provided to Unaccompanied Minors Shelter Care Program’s shelter residents. These include quality and timely medical screenings upon admission that include testing for communicable diseases, review and provision of immunizations, prenatal care for pregnant children, and emergency medical care and/or outpatient services for unaccompanied minors with medical conditions that require treatment. This is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the care of unaccompanied minors.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the programs.
- Ensure all performance improvement standards are monitored.
- Provide training and feedback to medical coordinator staff.
- Collaborate with the executive management team to ensure compliance with regulations in policy development and implementation.
- Lead on-going program refinement based upon advancements in the program.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited college or University in Medical or Health Sciences; or a Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) and 5 years of full-time direct service delivery experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Possess medical assessment and treatment skills with diverse populations of children/adolescents.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish, Hindi OR Mandarin.
- Five years of full-time work experience (including 1 year working with the unaccompanied minor or related population) preferred.
- Experience with community-based programs and/or direct experience with unaccompanied minor children/adolescents preferred.
For more information, please contact Laura at Laura@apnusa.com or call 602-788-5890.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!