We are hiring a Medical Professional Liability Claim Specialist to be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of claims, as well as providing policyholders with basic risk management assistance and guidance.Job Responsibilities:
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and resolve claims presented against the insured's of the company. Utilize medical expertise, solicit subject matter experts and conduct research. Position will include working with defense attorneys, claimant, claimant's attorney, and insureds. Appear at court ordered appearances and mediations as needed.
- Confirm coverage and analyze petitions as filed against insureds. Present appropriate recommendations to Litigation Consultant, Director- Claims or Vice-President of Claims in timely fashion.
- Assist insured with phone calls, referring to counsel as needed and provide guidance.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
REMOTE position, preferably in IA, MI, KS, MO, OH, GA, OK
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 90-120 days
- 5-7 years claims experience involving medical professional liability claims and/or legal claims experience with medical professional liability
- AIC, SCLA, CPCU or other professional designations preferred
- Negotiation skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills
$70,000-$95,000 salary with bonus eligibility
Competitive benefits including healthcare and retirement saving