SENIOR CASUALTY CLAIMS SUPERINTENDENT (MEDICAL MALPRACTICE)Location: PA, NJ, IL or REMOTE A large national carrier is seeking an experienced casualty claims superintendent with an emphasis on commercial and complex liability claims. Experience with Cannabis Claims is a plus. This is a growth opportunity as this company is growing rapidly.
- Present facts of claims, with recommendations, to committee as necessary.
- Establish initial loss and expense reserves. Maintain valid loss and expense reserves based on current investigation and legal discovery.
- Supervise activities of Independent Adjusters, investigators and defense attorneys to ensure that all claims are appropriately handled.
- Attend and participate in mediations/trials as necessary
- Maintain current understanding of various unfair claim practices statutes.
- Prepare large loss reports where applicable.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of five years of commercial insurance claims handling experience.
- Focus on Professional Liability lines of business.
- Ability to assess priorities and manage deadlines effectively.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- JD preferred but not required