Our client is in Public Health sector.
To perform testing and provide accurate and timely reporting of clinical and environmental laboratory tests as part of a team of laboratory professionals, within quality policies and technical procedures.
• Conducts standardized medical/clinical tests and procedures for the isolation, quantification, identification, molecular testing and antimicrobial susceptibility testing of clinically significant bacteria, fungi, parasites, viruses and associated antibodies.• Reports and relays results to health care providers within acceptable turnaround time (TAT) as published by PHO Laboratory.• Authorizes the release of laboratory test results and discusses test results with clients within the restriction of College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) regulations.• Maintains privacy and confidentiality as outlined by PHO corporate policies.• Carries out established quality assurance and control procedures including proficiency testing to ensure quality outcomes.• Performs review of daily quality control (QC) materials and take appropriate actions to resolve any discrepancies in QC material that falls outside the acceptable ranges.• Maintains and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure operability.• Provides direction and guidance to Laboratory Attendants responsible for supporting MLTs and senior staff and assists with training new staff.• Provides technical assistance to Senior Technologists and Operational Lead in carrying out testing and/or special projects.• Performs activities to support the laboratory's Quality Management Program and Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare (IQMH) requirements.• Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
What you will achieve in this role:
What you will bring to this role:
• Knowledge of computer applications to utilize standard and laboratory information systems.
• Knowledge of Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare (IQMH) requirements to ensure compliance in the conduct of laboratory testing.
• Knowledge of PHO policies and protocols and PHO Laboratory code of conduct to ensure confidentiality in the release of test results and discussions with clients.
• Oral communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with laboratory staff and with health care providers to relay laboratory test results.
• Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues.
• Written communication skills to write standard operating procedures, complete records.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.