Medical Lab Assistants
Our client is a top company with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate.
Prepare a variety of microbiological culture media, reagents and stains. Disinfect, sterilize and prepare lab equipment/containers/supplies for use. Accession and process laboratory specimens. Use hospital computer systems for documentation and record keeping activities. Assist with the preventative maintenance and cleaning schedule of certain laboratory equipment. Assist with inventory control and restocking of supplies. Handle hazardous materials. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Additional duties will include assisting with other Medical Laboratory Assistant duties as required.
• Certification from a CSMLS and /or MLPAO is preferred
What you will bring to this role:
• Graduate of a Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) Program or a third year student of a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) Program from an accredited college or university
• Post certification experience preferred
• Recent experience in Microbiology specimen processing, and
media preparation is essential;
• Medical terminology required
• Keyboarding experience essential;
• Good organizational, problem solving and planning skills with a proven ability to work independently and accurately under minimum supervision;
• Lifting ability is required for the receipt and dispatch of supplies;
• Ability to work in static and sustained positions;
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
• Good attendance record.
• Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuing education
• Good performance track record
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.