Over the course of a year, our client:
- Serves over 15,000 patients annually through our treatment centers.
- Educates over 600 professionals through our accredited Graduate School of Addiction Studies, Professionals in Residence program and Summer Institute for Medical Students.
- Provides publishing books and materials for over 32,000 publishing customers.
- Provides prevention services to over 50,000 students across the United States and the world.
What are we looking for?
- Individuals with excellent client, customer and stakeholder focus.
- Interpersonal skills and people savvy.
- A team player and functions well in a teamwork environment.
- Courage and commitment in all work situations.
- Adaptability and learning agility in a strong change environment.
What do we offer?
- Competitive Benefits (health, dental, vision, etc)
- Paid Time-Off
- Training Opportunities
- Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
Diverse individuals encouraged to apply.
The Medical Director ensures on a day-to-day basis that the medical team carries out promises to patients: that patients, families and customers will have the best opportunity for lifelong recovery. The medical director does this by:
- Providing medical oversight for the designated program(s); providing supervision of any physicians connected with the program,
- Acting as a liaison to the local medical community.
- Participating in the establishment and implementation of health care policies.
- Examining and treating patients and performing related duties as required.
- Provide medical expertise and input regarding the type, level of intensity and quality of care for patients in our continuum of care, locations, clinics or outpatient sites assigned by our organization.
- Consult with other on-site health care professionals regarding the course of medical care, complications, and referral to other health care professionals.
- Provide individualized medical care to patients and promote interdisciplinary teamwork toward patient, family, and employee satisfaction.
This position is under administrative and operational direction of the VP West Region and Administrator and under the medical and clinical direction of the Chief Medical Officer.
The Medical Director will also participate in the on call duties with other members of the medical team as needed.
- Min 5 yrs medical leadership experience.
- Addiction related medical practice.
- Minimum two years freedom from chemical use problems.
- Must not have had a felony conviction or been incarcerated as a result of a felony conviction in the last three years (check on requirement for licensure).
- Current license to practice medicine in state of hire.
- Board certification in internal medicine, family practice,or any ACGME specialty.
- ASAM or ABAM certification or added qualifications in addiction psychiatry.
- DEA certificate.
- Buprenorphine certification.
For more information, contact Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x 116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com