We are seeking an experience professional medical billing and coding specialist to for a Top client in the Nashville area. This is a permanent position with excellent benefits.
Responsible for: maintaining accurate medical billing record, providing medical coding for procedures and diagnoses, provide monthly reports, follow up on A/R, collections, claims followup and account reconciliation.
- Sending claims to insurance companies daily
- Posting charges to appropriate account when needed.
- Send out patient statements for balances on patient accounts
- Identifies any coding issues and communicates with the staff for correction.
- Follow up on unpaid and denied insurance claims
- Investigate any payment issues as a result of the payer not paying per contractual agreement
- Maintain knowledge of insurance companies and fee schedules
- Respond to patient inquiries concerning billing.
- Handles and processes patient refunds as well as insurance refunds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Compiles, abstracts and maintains patient medical records to document condition and treatment for surgeries.
- Identifies, compiles, and codes patient data, using ICD 10 and CPT classification coding systems.
- Performs regularly scheduled targeted audits to assess revenue optimization and quality of documentation.
- Researches and resolves problems with patient accounts in work queues.
- Assists physicians and providers on coding questions or concerns.
- Using reports, audits tickets in work queue for missed charges, completeness, accurate coding, etc.
- Performs charge entry functions.
- Facilitates conversation and works as a liaison between CBO, Compliance, and physician to resolve documentation and billing concerns.
- Supports compliance policies with government and private payer regulations.
- Active participant in development and maintenance of all work queue edits.
- Researches and resolves problems with patient accounts
Qualifications and Skills
High school diploma
1+ year of medical billing/coding experience (with ICD-10 and CPT coding)
Experience using a PC in a Windows environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology,
- Familiarity with procedural and diagnostic coding.
- Familiarity with ICD and CPT coding methodology.
- Knowledge of medical insurance
- Certification as a Certified Professional Coder