Medical Billing Specialist
Our client in Dallas has an immediate need for an experienced Medical Biller that can process 20 to 40 claims a day.
- MUST HAVE experience processing at least 20 to 40 claims a day!
- Must have 6+ years of CURRENT medical billing experience.
- Experience with surgery billing a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patient procedure estimates and benefits verifications.
- Collects and verifies all patient insurance information needed to complete the billing process. Follows all guidelines as set forth by HIPAA.
- Completes all necessary insurance forms to process the proper billing information in a timely manner as required by all third-party payers.
- Deposits any cash/checks to bank daily.
- Transmits daily all electronic claims to billing company or third-party payers. Researches and resolves any electronic claim delays within 24 hours of exception report print date.
- Submits all paper claims and supporting documentation as required by payers.
- Resolves patient complaints and requests regarding insurance billing in a courteous manner, initiates accurate account adjustment/ payment arrangements.
- Follows all billing problems to conclusion. Submits secondary and tertiary insurances.
- Follows up and resubmits insurance claims as required.
- Responsible for monthly billing cycle/ patient statements.
- Reconciles with administration for month end.
- Distributes encounters without claims/ open charts to providers weekly.
- Collecting and posting co-pays and other balances.
- Updating records, and scanning insurance card, id, and other billing related info in patient chart and/or EMR.
- Following up on patient responsibility portion of bill.
- Insurance eligibility.
For immediate consideration, send your resume to Jennifer.Jenacova@northpointsearchgroup.com