Medical Billing Specialist
Medical Billing Specialist - Nashville
- 3+ years of medical-related billing experience.
- Experience with computerized medical billing systems software.
- Basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and proficiency in using desktop publishing software and database programs, as well as proficient internet research skills.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD coding.
- Knowledge of commonly-used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the day-to-day processing of billing system transactions to ensure that they are maintained in an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner.
- Prepare and submit claims to various insurance companies utilizing both electronic and paper methods as required.
- Respond to billing questions from patients, medical offices, and insurance companies.
- Identify and resolve billing issues.
- Process payments from insurance companies and patients and balance daily batch posting.
- Perform various collection actions, including contacting patients by phone and correcting and resubmitting claims to third-party payers.
- Accounts receivable follow-up with insurance carriers.
- Manage accounts receivable as assigned.
- Correct edits from clearinghouses.
- Assist with month-end processes.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.