As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 program we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually. Together we: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well-being.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Assistant to join our team of talented professionals.
The Medical Assistant under the supervision of the Psychiatrist is responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care and patient care management which includes performing selected nursing and administrative duties; assists physicians and clinical team. The work is performed in an office environment. The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with diverse populations, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public on a regular basis. The position will have exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Regular program hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 am to 7 pm and Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm. Some evening hours will be required and determined based on program needs.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- High school graduate with current Medical Assistant certification from an accredited program.
- At least one year medical experience in a physician’s office or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred; willing to train a highly motivated new graduate.
- Experience working in a psychiatric setting is preferred.
- Must possess and maintain CPR certification and first aid training of at least Basic Life Support (BLS) level provided by a certified Red Cross or American Heart Association trainer and provide documentation thereof.
- Must possess knowledge of medical practice and care, examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, common safety hazards and precautions.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website at www.guidance-center.org/careers
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online