As a part of our Integrated Healthcare team, this position will deliver a range of patient-centered medical assistant services under the direct supervision of the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). You will coordinate and manage the patients’ continuum of care with a focus on COVID-19 vaccinations, flu vaccination and COVID testing clinics.
- Prepare patients for examinations, takes medical histories, records vital signs, assists medical practitioner during the examination, and next steps regarding for the purpose of establishing and reaching appropriate treatment goals.
- Coordinate care on behalf of patients with labs, behavioral health, and other specialty care providers and follows up with the pharmacy, patients, staff and all other phone calls and coordinates a response back based on the consult with the medical staff.
- Order appropriate medical supplies and maintain inventory for exam rooms, lab area, and offices.
- Facilitate health promotion and disease prevention educational workshops for clients on topics such as nutrition, diabetes, and obesity.
- Collect medical-related data and information on quarterly basis (or as requested by leadership) to show evidence of patient goal progress and submit regular reports on data collection to leadership.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, greet patients, and may create correspondence. May assume any, or all of the general clerical duties within the office.
- Follow up accordingly/promptly on patient requests via phone/letter at the direction of medical practitioners. May coordinate with the involved parties on behalf of the patient.
- Update patient files, schedule medical tests, and arrange for hospital admissions.
- Follow up on missed medical appointments to appropriately re-engage the patients.
- Establish appropriate patient documentations, applications, and forms that conform to agency guidelines, audit tools best professional practice, and State licensing regulations.
- Complete patient documentation within the established guidelines including but not limited to completion of progress notes on the date of service; complete medical intake paperwork, and submit on date of service.
- Support and actively engage in practices of inclusion through Cultural and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant diploma or certification, required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- One years’ experience assisting Medical Service Provider.
- Two years’ case management experience in a physical health environment.
- Knowledgeable about the economic, educational and social problems of Native Americans and referral sources available
- Experience in working with the Native American population preferred.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- CPR/First Aid Certificate within 90 days of hire.
- Possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired.
- Understand the dynamics of chemical dependency and demonstrate the ability to integrate the knowledge for practical application.
To learn more, please contact Ren'e at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!