As a medical assistant, you will help respond to medical needs, provide appropriate care to patients with chronic conditions and care for health issues that may emerge during their stay.
Under the supervision of an RN, you will coordinate patient care as patients move through the medical clinic, provide support to providers by ensuring medical and pharmaceutical patient information is accurate, available and provided in a timely manner for the continuity of patient care.
Minimum education and/or experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Certificate of completion from an Accredited Health Care Training Programs as a Medical Assistant.
- Pass a fingerprint background check.
Preferred education and/or experience
- Experience with electronic health records.
- Experience performing front and back office medical assistant duties including phlebotomy, patient vitals and EKGs.
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification from American Medical Technologists.
This position is within a correctional health facility.
Applicants must have the ability to
- Get on floor to perform CPR chest compressions and walk up to 7 miles in a 12-hour shift.
- Work various assignments and float to various facilities, as needed.
- Respond to a man down (emergency situation).
- Veni-puncture and collecting specimens.
- Conducting segregation checks and Level 3 suicide watches in the in-patient care areas.
- Accurately conducting and documenting visual/video monitor checks in the inpatient areas.
- Verifying medication timely and accurately.
- Must be able to work inside a jail.
- The work and social environment will consist of being constantly indoors in a confined area handling multiple or complicated tasks, be accurate, require decision making, be concentrated and vigilant in a teamwork atmosphere handling a high volume of work and time pressures with frequently changing and unscheduled tasks.
- Frequently work with interruptions and in-close physical proximity with others
- Will occasionally be isolated, in a dangerous environment, experience physical emergencies or traumatic subject matter.
For more information, contact Nick Mazur at 602 788-5890 x 110 and send your resume to Nick@apnusa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.