endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Work in and promote an environment that operates based on the following principles:
- Market Disruption: Guided by critical strategic objectives that are associated with breakthrough and/or disruptive market opportunities and technologies.
- Sense of Urgency: Maintaining a strong sense of urgency driven by the vital importance of agility and "speed-to-market."
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: A dedicated technological organization based on an entrepreneurial spirit and approach.
- Autonomy: Full organization comprised of teams empowered with a high level of autonomy.
- Communication: Displaying effective communication skills and acting as a bridge between various squads and external partners and vendors
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead mechanical systems projects from inception, through execution, to full completion:
- Prepare scope of work and functional specification documents for design, fabrication and installation of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Design and/or review water, compressed and cooling process air, vacuum, HVAC, fire protection, abatement, and materials handling systems related to the manufacturing of containers
- Direct the work of external partners and integrators by providing technical guidance and oversight
- Ensure complete and accurate drawings and project documentation.
- Review and/or design mechanical distribution systems, process flow diagrams and P&IDs
- Apply expertise and learning to the development of standards to create state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and systems:
- Gather and understand the ‘voice of the customer’ with the R&D and Plant operation’s teams to create inputs to mechanical system requirements
- Support various teams in mechanical systems related technical challenges.
- Facilitate and perform training and support for operations and engineering staff
- Travel required, 25 – 40%, Domestic and International
- Roles and reporting – This role will have no direct reports, but will be expected to work closely with the following:
- Technical Employees within the Global Technical and Engineering teams including engineers and scientists from varying disciplines.
- Vendors, Contractors and other Strategic Partners – Internal and External
- Occasionally perform physically demanding job tasks
- Work occasionally in a high temperature environment.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out
- Climb stairs and ladders, traverse catwalks and platforms in and around process equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical systems design in industry and/or manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical systems equipment and distribution processes
- Understanding of industry specific standards
- Detail oriented to spot inaccuracies and find solutions
- CAD (2D and 3D) proficiency using software such as Autodesk products, Creo or Solidworks
- Strong decEision making and judgment skills
- Team Orientated Individual– must have excellent people skills
- Strong communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in the design and development of mechanical equipment and systems
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.