PURPOSE: The Reliability Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving the reliability of paper machine operations and support systems in this integrated paper making operation in the Southeast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defining, developing, administering, and refining the Equipment Care programs: Predictive Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance, Lubrication program
- Establish cradle to grave strategy for critical equipment types
- Support Core teams by helping to resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required
- Facilitates and leads RCFA for the plant. Ensures engagement of workforce, proper root causes identified, and action items are completed
- Develop and implement equipment improvement strategies and designs to improve reliability, maintainability and process capability
- Maintenance personnel supervision, Manage contractors
- Ensure proper Preventive Maintenance work is identified and completed
- Engineering Liaison - Champion the element of Reliability in all capital and repair jobs.
- May supervise direct reports and/or lead a team in maintenance projects.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years Pulp and Paper industry or related manufacturing experience required
- Strong communication skills; ability to read, write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before all levels of the organization.
- Must have good process knowledge and equipment familiarity
- Preferred experience in CMMS systems, Lubrication, Vibration analysis, component failure analysis, and roll maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project
- Detail Orientated, Command Skills, Mechanical or Electrical Aptitude, Managerial Courage, Problem Solving, Organizational Skills