PURPOSE: The Reliability Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving the reliability of paper machine operations and support systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day to day reliability standards of a world class tissue machine operations.
- During any new project construction and OEM acceptance periods assure the specifications for materials of construction are maintained.
- Assure the maintenance staff is properly trained on laser alignment, pipe stress eliminations, belt alignment, drive shaft installation, mechanical and carbon seal alignment, fan balancing, and adherence to OEM and engineering baselines.
- Personnel safety, job safety analysis for every task performed by the maintenance team are the key elements of this role.
- Understanding of priority from production and with assistance of technical resources in the mill this position will maintain the equipment to the company uptime standards.
- Cost management of the maintenance budget, assurance of adequate working and capital spares for this area of responsibility. Assure proper tools, specialty tools and correct procedures for each job task are followed.
- Work closely with operations to assure baseline conditions are maintained and tolerance are adhered.
- Develop a preventive and predictive maintenance program to assure machine up-time goals are met.
- The Reliability engineer is the technical resource and the maintenance planner will be the people and material resource to this position
- Improve maintenance techniques, activities, and practices through use of reliability tools (i.e. RCM, FMEA, RCFA, etc.).
- Assist with implementation of both capital and maintenance improvement projects.
- Provide information and training to help build technical skills in the workforce.
- B.S. in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in paper manufacturing maintenance and operations is a strong plus
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box”
- Functional use of Microsoft Office and maintenance systems
- Highly organized and uses efficient work methods
- Demonstrated ability to learn and continue to develop knowledge
- Good knowledge of PI data storages systems, of MS Office tools, of vibration analysis, of thermal scan analysis and of acoustical analysis. Proficient in statistical analysis methods.
- Understands the procedures for lube and hydraulic sample testing and can make corrections from lab analysis of data.
- Understands the procedures and requirements of laser and optical alignment systems and can manage correct benchmark placement and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials of construction for chemicals and process used in the paper process.
- Can use and understand the limitations of material sensor handheld guns.
- Knows welding procedures for ASME code requirements in the paper industry and can become or is already qualified welding inspector.