A major steel finishing company that manufactures Cold Rolled Annealed, Cold Rolled Full Hard, Hot Rolled Pickled & Oiled, Hot Dipped Galvanized, and Tin Mill products is looking for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer
The position will provide mechanical reliability engineering support focused on availability improvement of plant assets. Working with both reliability technicians and plant operating process teams, the successful candidate will utilize their technical, problem solving, and reliability engineering skills in designing and implementing solutions. The Reliability Engineer will train personnel in both technologies and desired work practices.
- Promotes a safe work environment through utilization and modeling of Company’s Site Safety Plan / Incident & Injury Prevention Plan (IIPP).
- Promotes environmental stewardship through utilization and modelling of the Company’s Continuous Improvement to the Environment (CITE) Program.
- Acquires and Analyzes Condition Monitoring data using a variety of methods (vibration, thermography, tribology, etc).
- Troubleshoots mechanical asset and process system issues. Performs failure analysis for equipment failures.
- Develops corrective repair plans as required.
- Conducts or Facilitates Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities identifying causal factors, root causes, and corrective actions. Promotes lessons learned and best practices throughout facility.
- Develops, improves and implements equipment asset plans through the use of RCM Analysis..
- Fosters defect elimination through assessment, design, and implementation of reliability based solutions for both process improvement and corrective action activities. Ensures proper change management protocols are followed.
- Utilizes requisite plant systems to document activities and improvements within PM (Maximo), PdM (SKF) and Engineering (AutoCAD/Inventor) systems ensuring integrity of source documentation records.
- Maintains and enhances knowledge of current industry best practices and emerging technologies.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineering from an Accredited College
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in an Industrial / Manufacturing environment