Are you a mechanical engineer with 5 or more years of project engineering experience in chemical manufacturing? Do you want to join a well-managed company and take on an influential role that is poised for immediate impact?
If so, please review our exceptional opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer/HSE Leader based in our client's Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada chemical manufacturing facility.
About the Company:
Our client is a worldwide innovative leader in Catalyst Services and Manufacturing, and is a global producer of Activated Alumina, Specialty Adsorbents, and Support Media supplied to the petroleum refining and petrochemical industries, including Catalyst Regeneration services. This expanding company is a leader in delivering advanced catalyst technologies and providing creative solutions for recycling catalysts.
In this dual role, as Project Engineer you will provide engineering leadership to enable the Medicine Hat facility to continuously improve existing processes and provide project management for new initiatives. You will ensure that the introduction of new processes/projects are conducted in accordance with local legislation, engineering standards, environmental, health and safety policies, and assist plant personnel and coordinate resources to produce products according to agreed performance standards.
As the HSE Leader, you will provide Plant Leadership with the development of the environmental, health and safety policies in accordance with the Environmental Management System (EMS).
All location leaders and individuals contribute to safe and environmentally sound plant operations. Leaders establish and maintain a site culture of active participation and ownership in achieving excellent HSE performance and ensure that work groups receive required HSE training.
- Provide Project Management for Capital projects
- Provide Engineering support for plant initiatives
- Provide routine technical support to various plant departments.
- Assist the VP/Technology on development of selected R&D projects.
- Assist the Plant Manager in establishing a site culture which is capable of sustaining the long term vision.
- Assist the Plant Manager in leading the plant organization to achieve agreed objectives in all aspects, including but not limited to HSE, pollution prevention, cost control, and growth initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Survey to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Update policies based on city, provincial and federal compliance regulations.
- Lead and or participate in incident investigations to determine root causes, and corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Direct environmental compliance programs related to hazardous wastes, air permitting water pollution control and community right-to-know programs.
Provide backup coverage as needed in the absence of the Plant Manager.
- degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of industry experience in chemical manufacturing operations
- Experience leading the development of Health, Safety & Environmental policies in a chemical manufacturing plant, including Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Experience managing the execution of maintenance projects, reliability improvement projects, and small capital projects (<$100K)
- Good technical leadership skills
- Goal-oriented, driven by results, problem solver
*Please note: All candidates must be authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer.