The Supervisor of Mechanical Maintenance assists the Manager of Mechanical Maintenance in all aspects of the mechanical maintenance of the operations while following all safety procedures and policies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assists in the evaluation of the mechanical performance and condition of the operations to identify potential failures and to plan preventative repairs.
- Schedule and direct union millwrights.
- Direct and guide union millwrights with work plans and schedules.
- Assist in the planning large projects and installations.
- Assist with the preventative mechanical maintenance schedule with the goal of reducing unscheduled delays and increasing productivity.
- Supervising and training the Union workforce.
- Assists in overseeing all planning, preventative maintenance, scheduled repairs and troubleshooting, required to keep the plant in operations.
- Develop solutions to problems inherent to equipment in the plant (engineer and implement changes to improve performance or eliminate problem).
- Administer and adherence to all of company's policies and procedures and the Union contract.
- Implementation and adherence of all safety procedures which include but are not limited to, lock-out-tag out, personal protective equipment, fall protection, high voltage procedures, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Four year Mechanical Degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in mechanical supervision in a Steel Mill environment
- Strong abilities in managing an hourly Union workforce a plus.
- Must believe in standardization and a zealot on Safety.
- Must be results oriented and have strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify potential problems and be proactive in addressing issues before they become problematic.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills