Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
PURPOSE: The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will lead and manage their assigned hourly employees to accomplish maintenance repairs, project implementations, and cost savings initiatives throughout this integrated paper operation in the Southeast.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Planner to schedule and assign critical environmental PM jobs.
- Manage PM Tech’s to improve housekeeping.
- Be the team leader and direct the proper actions of crew.
- Actively participate in process equipment trouble shooting and failure analysis.
- Set high standards and expectations with crew to deliver quality work, minimizing rework and improving reliability.
- Report any repetitive issues to the Reliability Engineers.
- Work with crafts people, Planners, and others as needed to improve work procedures.
- Participates in the hourly hiring process; including making recommendations on which candidates to hire.
- Conduct annual performance review of hourly employees.
- Participate in daily maintenance meetings with the Operations Coordinators and Planners.
- Provide shutdown coordination for crew and contractors developing solutions to issues which may arise during the workday.
- Works with Maintenance Planner in determining equipment purchases and vendor selection.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, or related training, certifications, or degrees
- 3+ years maintenance supervision experience in Pulp & Paper or a related field.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box”.
- Functional use of Microsoft Office and maintenance systems.
- Highly organized and uses efficient work methods.
Pulp & Paper