PURPOSE: The Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent leads the Mechanical maintenance team throughout this integrated paper making operation in the Southeast. Opening due to an upcoming retirement, excellent opportunity for growth locally and throughout the company network.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the engineering and maintenance concerns associated with the mill mechanical systems.
- Plans, directs and manages the organizational structure of the mechanical maintenance group to ensure consistency with strategy and long term goals of the mill.
- Manages and promotes safety in the department to maintain the well being of the team and mill workforce.
- Deals directly with other maintenance personnel as well as in the operating departments to ensure optimum use of technical and financial resources.
- Submits and manages items in the capital and maintenance budgets.
- Establishes and maintains standards for the areas under his/her control.
- Development of staff (hourly and salaried).
- Execute the area maintenance plan and improve area reliability.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering (or similar degree / training preferred)
- Consider exceptional maintenance experience in paper without degree
- 10+ years Maintenance and Reliability experience in a large industrial facility
- At least four years of direct supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience directly managing an organized labor union.