PURPOSE: The Planner is responsible for the safe and efficient planning of all mechanical work activities in the Paper, Power, or Pulping area at this recycled paperboard operation in the Southeast US.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with production and maintenance staff to plan and schedule the repair and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Coordinate and prioritize maintenance work with appropriate operations, maintenance, engineering, and safety staff.
- Fully utilize current information, procedures, and work methods to positively impact equipment reliability.
- Provide technical leadership as necessary to production and/or maintenance employees.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to the safety process and policies, including the integration of safety into all planning functions.
- Actively pursue measures that improve operational efficiency, cost reduction, and equipment reliability.
- Maintain a good working relationship with management, staff, and hourly employees.
- Example daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily review of new work orders assigned to their planning backlog
- Detail planning for each job on the backlog according to standards
- Develop schedules for maintenance field day activities
- Close work orders with appropriate craftsmen feedback
- Update bills of material as required while planning
- Maintain outage schedules during shutdowns
- Participate in regular scheduling meetings
- Assist team leaders as necessary to complete work orders
- Contact outside contractors as necessary for quotes